The final and last matchday of the World Cup is here and what we’re going to be doing in this article, is we’re going to be selecting our ideal matchday seven FIFA fantasy team.
With just four teams left, we’d be creating our MD7 team, and we’d be hoping it does well and it can serve as an inspiration to as many FIFA fantasy managers out there.
Some important things to keep in mind as you wildcard in matchday seven
As you create your 3rd place play-off and final wildcard team, here are couple of things you should keep in mind:
- You want to target players that are starters and not rotation risk
- You want to target players that play on different days, it won’t be the best of ideas to target players that play in just one day
- Another thing worth keeping in mind, is when selecting your players, you want to start players that play early first and then bench the players that play later.
- Another really important thing is that you should always be on guard and be ready to make substitutions if your first team players don’t perform well.
The best teams to target for your MD7 wildcard
Here are some of the best teams you can target as you play your matchday seven wildcard:
Well, we think that when creating your wildcard team this matchday, it is important for you to try and target players from all the teams remaining in the competition. It’s also important to target the most in-form players from each country.
In order to help you identify these players, we’ve put together another article that we think would be useful to FIFA fantasy managers this matchday, feel free to check it out: FIFA World Cup fantasy MD7 tips: the best player picks, 12th man, captain picks
1. 3rd place and finals world cup fantasy wildcard team: Going big at the back
This is our matchday seven wildcard team. In this one, we’ve decided to go big at the back. We’ve tried to select defenders from the two teams that are playing in the finals.
We’ve done this because we think that the final match, would be a lot tighter than the 3rd place play-off game, and so it’d be a lot easier to get clean sheet points from the players who play in the finals.
Well, our judgement could be wrong and it could go the other way round. Here’s another alternative backline that you could go with this matchday:
Yeah using this backline is another good strategy that could work, you could get in defenders from all the teams that play in matchday seven, that way, you’d have enough cover and won’t need to rely on just two teams for clean sheets.
We’ve also tried to target defenders that are full-backs, because we know that these ones have a higher chance of getting some form of attacking return.
We’ve seen Acuna get an assist in the quarter finals against Netherlands and we’ve also seen Hernandez grab a goal against Morocco in the semis, this means targeting full-backs can pay off.
2. 3rd place and finals world cup fantasy wildcard team: investing in midfield
From the team we picked, you can see that we’ve got some pretty decent options and picks in midfield this matchday. We’ve also selected most of our midfielders from the teams that are involved in the 3rd place play-offs.
This is because we think that the 3rd place game, might have a lot more goals than the finals. We also think that Ziyech and Perisic are also pretty good picks, because they are midfielders in the game, but in reality they play as wingers.
This means that they play alot closer to goal and so their chances of getting goals are greatly improved. Other pretty good midfield picks that you could go with this matchday, would be a midfield of Modric, Enzo Fernandez and Tchouameni.
These three midfielders, are midfielders that are capable of getting goals from range and so they could also be great additions to your FIFA fantasy team this matchday.
3. 3rd place and finals world cup fantasy wildcard team: Going all in on forwards
The forward line is one that is a bit tricky, as they are a lot of pretty good options up top. We’ve got the likes of Messi and Mbappe who are pretty nailed on and would be in a lot of fantasy teams.
The third spot however, is the one were there might be a little bit of an issue, that’s because we have to decide whether to go for Giroud or Alvarez.
To be honest it’s tough to decide and you could make an argument for both forwards, as we’ve seen both Giroud and Alvarez put up a good show in the World Cup already.
We saw in Argentina’s game against the Netherlands that they struggled to deal with crosses and that’s something France and Giroud would be looking to take advantage of.
Alvarez would still be a pretty good option, as Argentina have one of the best playmakers in the World, in Messi. We’d expect Alvarez to get a couple of chances and we know he’s a pretty good finisher and he’d tuck those chances in if they come his way.
Another player that would be a decent option, is Karim Benzema. The news that’s flying now, is that he could be in the France team this matchday and so we thought we share that with you as well.
Remember that you can always count on our blog, Raensports for tips on any fantasy game. With the World Cup ending, the PL would be starting in 10 days time and we can assure you, that we’d be sharing FPL tips to help FPL managers get started once again.
Players being targeted in our 3rd place and final wildcard draft teams
Here are the players we’ve targeted in our various 3rd place and final wildcard teams:
Defenders to target for your 3rd place and final wildcard team:
- SOSA DEFENDER | CROATIA | $3.5M
- HAKIMI DEFENDER | MOROCCO | $5M
- JURANOVIC DEFENDER | CROATIA | $5M
- HERNANDEZ DEFENDER | FRANCE | $5M
- OTAMENDI DEFENDER | ARGENTINA | $5M
- TAGLIAFICO DEFENDER | ARGENTINA | $5.5M
- KOUNDE DEFENDER | FRANCE | $6M
Midfielders to target for your 3rd place and final wildcard team:
- ZIYECH MIDFIELDER | MOROCCO | $7M
- MODRIC MIDFIELDER | CROATIA | $8.5M
- FERNANDEZ MIDFIELDER | ARGENTINA | $6M
- DI MARIA MIDFIELDER | ARGENTINA | $8.5M
- KOVACIC MIDFIELDER | CROATIA | $6.5M
- TCHOUAMENI MIDFIELDER | FRANCE | $6.5M
- PERISIC MIDFIELDER | CROATIA | $7.5M
- MAC ALLISTER MIDFIELDER | ARGENTINA | $7M
Forwards to target for your 3rd place and final wildcard team:
- MBAPPE FORWARD | FRANCE | $11.5M
- MESSI FORWARD | ARGENTINA | $10.5M
- GIROUD FORWARD | FRANCE | $7.5M
- ALVAREZ FORWARD | ARGENTINA | $6.5M
- GRIEZMANN FORWARD | FRANCE | $8.5M
Our World Cup MD7 FIFA fantasy team
Redeyedrae, is an FPL content writer with years of experience in playing and writing about FPL. He has written for major FPL blogs like ALLABOUTFPL, Fantasytipsters, FF Titans, and nevermanagealone. With his deep knowledge of the game, he has become a trusted source for FPL fans worldwide. His content is well-researched and always up-to-date. He’s passionate about helping FPL managers gain an edge in their leagues by sharing insights and analysis about everything fantasy football on raensports.
One Thought to “World Cup fantasy 3rd place and finals wildcard team: the best MD7 FIFA fantasy team”
[…] World Cup fantasy 3rd place and finals wildcard team: the best MD7 FIFA fantasy team […]