The Premier League is back this week following the season’s first international break. As always, there are plenty of thrilling matchups on the horizon. In Gameweek 5, standout games include Wolves vs. Liverpool, Man City vs. West Ham, Man United vs. Brighton, and Arsenal vs. Everton.
In this article, we analyze each team’s win percentages, head-to-head records, and recent form to offer score predictions for all twenty Premier League games this week.
Wolves vs Liverpool Gameweek 5 Match Preview
Wolves and Liverpool are set to clash in an intriguing battle at Molineux Stadium. Liverpool has a significant edge in their head-to-head record, securing victory in 13 out of 18 encounters.
While Wolves have caused the occasional upset with four wins and one draw, this season hasn’t been favorable for them as they currently sit in 15th place with just one win.
Liverpool, in contrast, has been in excellent form, winning three of their four games and drawing once, remaining unbeaten this season. Liverpool is the favored team, but the first game after the international break can be tricky, potentially making it a challenging matchup.
According to win probabilities, Liverpool is the clear favorite with a 67% chance of winning, while Wolves have a 14% chance of causing an upset. A draw appears somewhat more likely at 19%.
PL GW5 Wolves vs Liverpool Score Prediction: Wolves 1 – 3 Liverpool. To see the predicted lineups of both sides, check out: GW5 Wolves vs Liverpool Match Preview, Predicted Lineup and Injury News
Aston Villa vs. Crystal Palace Gameweek 5 Preview
Aston Villa takes on Crystal Palace in a clash that appears evenly balanced based on their head-to-head record. Aston Villa has six wins, while Crystal Palace has two wins and two draws in their last 10 meetings.
Win probabilities slightly favor Aston Villa at 50.5%, while Crystal Palace has a 23% chance of winning. A draw is plausible with a 26.5% probability.
Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace Score Prediction Gameweek 5: Aston Villa 2 – 1 Crystal Palace. Uncover Aston Villa’s Tactical Masterplan! Predicted Lineup, Injury News, and Tactical Analysis for Their Clash with Crystal Palace – Dive In!
Fulham vs. Luton Town Gameweek 5 Preview
Fulham takes on Luton Town in a game where Fulham is the clear favorite. Fulham has won two of their last four encounters, with two draws, while Luton Town has yet to secure a victory against Fulham.
Based on the win probabilities, Fulham has a 58.5% chance of winning, while Luton Town has a 17.5% chance. A draw is possible at 24%.
Fulham vs Luton Town Score Prediction Gameweek 5: Fulham 3 – 0 Luton Town. For the predicted lineups, Fulham vs. Luton Town GW5 Predicted Lineups, Injury News and Tactical Analysis
Manchester United vs. Brighton Gameweek 5 Preview
Manchester United faces Brighton in a game where the win probabilities suggest a closely contested match. Manchester United has the historical advantage with 10 wins, while Brighton has five wins in their 15 meetings.
Manchester United has a 43% chance of winning, while Brighton has a 32% chance. A draw is also a possibility with a 25% probability. However, because of Man United’s injury crisis at the back, we expect Brighton to win this one rather comfortably.
Man United vs Brighton Score Prediction Gameweek 5: Manchester United 1 – 3 Brighton
This game could go either way, with both teams likely to find the back of the net. A high-scoring draw seems probable. Check out how Man United and Brighton could lineup in our article: Man United vs. Brighton Predicted Lineup, Injury News and Tactical Insights GW5
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Sheffield United Gameweek 5 Preview
Tottenham Hotspur hosts Sheffield United, and the win probabilities heavily favor Tottenham in this encounter. Tottenham has won three of their last seven meetings, with two draws and two wins for Sheffield United.
Tottenham has a commanding 75% chance of winning, while Sheffield United has a slim 9% chance. A draw is less likely at 16%.
Gameweek 5 Score Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 3 – 0 Sheffield United. Check out Spurs predicted line up for GW5 in our article: Spurs vs. Sheffield United Predicted Lineup, Injury News and Tactical Insights GW5
West Ham vs. Manchester City Gameweek 5 Preview
In this exciting encounter, West Ham faces the formidable Manchester City. The historical head-to-head record heavily favors Manchester City, with 23 wins compared to West Ham’s 3 wins and 4 draws.
Based on the win probabilities, Manchester City is the clear favorite with a 64% chance of winning, while West Ham has a mere 16% chance. A draw is also possible, albeit less likely, at 20%.
West Ham has shown defensive solidity this season, and their recent matches against Man City have been low-scoring affairs. We anticipate a similar pattern in their upcoming fixture.
GW5 Score Prediction: West Ham 1 – 2 Manchester City. How could City setup against West Ham? Find out in our article: Man City vs. West Ham Predicted Lineup, Injury News, Tactical Analysis PL GW5
While West Ham may put up a strong fight, Manchester City’s quality and recent success should see them secure a narrow victory.
Newcastle vs. Brentford Gameweek 5 Preview
Newcastle takes on Brentford in a match where they have the advantage in the head-to-head record. Newcastle has won five of their seven meetings, with one draw and one win for Brentford.
Based on the win probabilities, Newcastle is favored with a 60.5% chance of winning, while Brentford has a 17% chance. A draw is also plausible with a 22.5% probability.
While the win odds might be in Newcastle’s favor, we expect a tough encounter between these two sides. Brentford could quite easily come out with a win here.
Gameweek 5 Score Prediction: Newcastle 2 – 1 Brentford. Find out how Newcastle and Brentford would be looking to set up in our article: Newcastle vs. Brentford Predicted Lineup, Injury News and Tactical Insights GW5
AFC Bournemouth vs. Chelsea Gameweek 5 Preview
AFC Bournemouth hosts Chelsea in a matchup where Chelsea holds the advantage in the head-to-head record. Chelsea has won 10 of their 15 meetings, with four wins for Bournemouth and one draw.
Based on the win probabilities, Chelsea enters this game as the favorite with a 57% chance of winning, while Bournemouth has a 20% chance. A draw is also possible with a 23% probability.
GW5 Score Prediction: AFC Bournemouth 0 – 2 Chelsea. Find out how Chelsea and Bournemouth would be looking to set up in our article: Chelsea vs. Bournemouth Predicted Lineup, Injury News and Tactical Insights GW5
Everton vs. Arsenal Gameweek 5 Preview
In this intriguing fixture, Everton faces Arsenal with the head-to-head record favoring Arsenal. Arsenal has secured 17 wins compared to Everton’s 7 wins, with 5 draws in their 29 meetings.
Based on the win probabilities, Arsenal is the clear favorite with a 63% chance of winning, while Everton has a 16% chance. A draw is also possible with a 21% probability.
GW5 Score Prediction: Everton 1 – 3 Arsenal. Arteta loves to make tactical changes. Find out how we think Arsenal could lineup in this one: Arsenal vs. Everton Predicted Lineup, Injury News and Tactical Insights GW5
Nottingham Forest vs. Burnley Gameweek 5 Preview
Nottingham Forest takes on Burnley in a match where the win probabilities suggest a fairly balanced contest. The head-to-head record shows that Burnley has seven wins, Nottingham Forest has two wins, and there have been four draws in their previous encounters.
Based on the win probabilities, Nottingham Forest has a slight advantage with a 49% chance of winning, while Burnley has a 25% chance. A draw is also possible with a 26% probability.
Score Prediction: Nottingham Forest 2 – 2 Burnley. Find out how Nott’m Fores and Burnley would be looking to set up in our article: Burnley vs. Nott’m Forest Predicted Lineup, Injury News and Tactical Insights GW5
For more GW5 predictions, you can check out: FPL GW5: Clean Sheet Odds, Anytime Scorer Predictions, and FPL Points Projections
Redeyedrae, is an FPL content writer with years of experience in playing and writing about FPL. He has written for major FPL blogs like ALLABOUTFPL, Fantasytipsters, FF Titans, and nevermanagealone. With his deep knowledge of the game, he has become a trusted source for FPL fans worldwide. His content is well-researched and always up-to-date. He’s passionate about helping FPL managers gain an edge in their leagues by sharing insights and analysis about everything fantasy football on raensports.