The Premier League continues to deliver thrilling matchups, and the forthcoming clash between Everton and Sheffield United is no exception. This contest not only showcases two determined sides but also revisits their history of encounters. Let’s delve into their predicted lineups, injury updates, head-to-head record, and recent form, setting the stage for a riveting showdown.
Everton vs Sheffield United Predicted Lineups
Everton’s expected lineup vs Sheffield United GW4 may feature key players such as Pickford, Patterson, Branthwaite, Tarkowski, Young, Gana, Garner, A. Doucoure, Onana, Dobbin, and Danjuma.
Sheffield United’s predicted lineup vs Everton GW4 could include players like Foderingham, Ahmedhodžić, Egan, Robinson, Baldock, Norwood, Vini Souza, Lowe, Hamer, Osula, and McBurnie.
For FPL related articles then check out the following:
- FPL GW4 Clean Sheet Odds, Anytime Scorer Predictions, and FPL Points Projections
- FPL Experts tips: GW4 FPL Guide, Captaincy, Insights, and Picks
- FPL GW4 Tips: Gameweek 4 Transfer Strategy and Team Selection
- FPL GW4 Wildcard Team: The Best Gameweek 4 Wildcard FPL Teams
- The Best Gameweek 4 Captain – Saka, Bowen, Sterling, Salah or Haaland
Everton vs Sheffield United GW4 Injury News
Everton is facing a string of injuries:
- Seamus Coleman is expected to be out until early October 2023 due to a knee injury.
- Jean-Philippe Gbamin is sidelined with a hamstring injury until mid-September 2023.
- Jack Harrison is injured and will be unavailable for a few weeks.
- Dwight McNeil is dealing with an ankle injury until early September 2023.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin is recovering from a head injury and will be unavailable until early September 2023.
- Dele Alli is nursing a hip injury with an unspecified return date.
- André Gomes is doubtful due to a calf injury.
- Alex Iwobi is set to return from a hamstring injury in mid-September 2023.
Sheffield United’s injury concerns include:
- Rhys Norrington-Davies is back in training after a hamstring injury.
- Rhian Brewster is expected to be out for a few days with a hamstring injury.
- Max Lowe is dealing with an ankle injury until late September 2023.
- John Fleck’s availability is uncertain due to an unknown injury.
- Daniel Jebbison is recovering from a groin injury until early September 2023.
- Ben Osborn is set to return from a groin injury in late September 2023.
- Anis Ben Slimane is doubtful with a thigh injury.
The head-to-head history between Everton and Sheffield United tells a tale of competition. Sheffield United has secured 2 wins, while Everton boasts 3 victories. The teams have yet to draw:
- May 16, 2021: Sheffield United secured a narrow 1-0 victory over Everton in the Premier League.
- December 26, 2020: Everton claimed a 1-0 win against Sheffield United in the Premier League.
- July 20, 2020: Everton secured a 1-0 win against Sheffield United in the Premier League.
- September 21, 2019: Sheffield United emerged victorious with a 2-0 win over Everton in the Premier League.
You might also like: Premier League Gameweek 4 Score Predictions: Expert Analysis
For more predicted lineup articles, check out our other articles:
- PL GW4 Predicted Lineup and Injury News: Arsenal vs. Man United
- PL GW4 Predicted Lineup and Injury News: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa
- Brentford vs. Bournemouth GW4: Predicted Lineups and Injury Updates
- Newcastle vs. Brighton GW4: Predicted Lineups and Injury Updates
- PL GW4 Man City vs Fulham Predicted Lineup and Injury News
- Burnley vs. Spurs: GW4 Predicted Lineups and Injury Updates 23/24 PL Season
- PL GW4 West Ham vs Luton Town Predicted Lineup and Injury News
- PL GW4 Chelsea vs Nott’m Forest Predicted Lineup and Injury News
Everton’s recent form showcases their resilience:
- A 0-1 defeat against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- A resounding 4-0 loss against Aston Villa.
- A tight 0-1 defeat against Fulham.
Sheffield United’s form reflects their tenacity:
- A 1-2 loss to Manchester City.
- A 2-1 defeat against Nottingham Forest.
- A narrow 0-1 loss to Crystal Palace.
This varied form trajectory sets the stage for an intriguing clash as both teams strive to make their mark on the Premier League standings. With predicted lineups, injury news, historical record, and recent form in mind, fans can anticipate a captivating encounter as Everton and Sheffield United take center stage on the pitch.
Redeyedrae, is an FPL content writer with years of experience in playing and writing about FPL. He has written for major FPL blogs like ALLABOUTFPL, Fantasytipsters, FF Titans, and nevermanagealone. With his deep knowledge of the game, he has become a trusted source for FPL fans worldwide. His content is well-researched and always up-to-date. He’s passionate about helping FPL managers gain an edge in their leagues by sharing insights and analysis about everything fantasy football on raensports.