Wildcarding in GW34 is a pretty good strategy that would allow you to create a team that’d get you past the double in GW34 and also sees you through the rest of the season. If you’re on a wildcard then this article is for you. This article discusses the pros and cons of using the wildcard chip, alternative times to use it, key considerations to keep in mind, and the best teams to target. We will also create our own Gameweek 33 wildcard for FPL managers to use as a guide.
Pros and Cons of Wildcarding In FPL GW34
Well, before we go into creating our gameweek 34 wildcard, we want to see some of the benefits of wildcarding this gameweek. Here are the pros of a GW34 wildcard
Pros of a GW34 wildcard
- Using your FPL wildcard chip in GW34 would allow you to target players who are on form now and have great upcoming fixtures.
- Wildcarding in gameweek 34, would allow you to target differentials, Liverpool, Man City, Brighton and Man United assets who have now found their form.
- A well-optimized GW34 wildcard would allow you to plan for the long term and would put you in a good position now and in future gameweeks.
Cons of a GW34 wildcard
Well, for everything that has pros, there are cons and a GW34 wildcard is no different. Here are some of the disadvantages of wildcarding in gameweek 34.
- Wildcarding now might mean that you let go of your Arsenal assets and that’s because we’re looking to target players from teams that have many games to play. Arsenal doesn’t have many games, so their assets won’t feature in our wildcard team.
Our Advice: Well, in our opinion wildcarding this gameweek is a pretty good strategy. A wildcard now would allows you to set up a team that’d be optimized from now until the end of the season. We believe this is the best time to use the chip if you still have it.
Alternative times to wildcard in FPL this season
If after weighing the pros and cons of a GW34 wildcard, you’ve decided to hold onto your wildcard, you might be wondering what other time could I activate it. Well, here’s another time to use the wildcard chip:
- GW38 is another good time to use the wildcard chip. A wildcard in GW38, would be like a free hit and that’s because in that gameweek we’d be targeting players from teams that have a lot to play for.
Some important things to keep in mind as you play your FPL wildcard in gameweek 34
As you create your GW34 wildcard team, here are a couple of things you should keep in mind:
- First, you want to try as much as possible to select players guaranteed a place in the first eleven of their teams.
- You want to keep the long-term in mind when selecting players for your GW34 wildcard team.
- You want to try to have a solid bench, in case of rotations, injuries, and upcoming double gameweeks.
- You want to keep in mind that GW34 is a double gameweek for Brighton, Man United, Man City, West Ham, Fulham and Liverpool.
The best teams to target for your GW34 FPL wildcard team
Since we’re looking to create a wildcard team that’d take us from GW34-38, we must target the right teams. We’d be looking to target teams that play this week and double in GW34. To help you identify such teams, we’d be sharing a fixture ticker done by fpltips__
From the fixture ticker, here are some of the teams that you should be looking to select players from for your GW33 wildcard. These teams have great fixtures and upcoming double gameweeks, from now until GW38.
GW34 Wildcard Team
Here’s our GW34 wildcard team and it’s a team that we think would be great this gameweek and in future gameweeks as well. You can see from our player picks that we are trying to target the teams that double in GW34 and also have many games to play.
- Steele is one of the best budget keeper out there and he has great fixtures from now until the season ends. That’s why he’s got a place in our wildcard team.
- Trippier has been essential all season he has a great fixture in GW34 and also has a double gameweek coming up in GW36. He’s a great long-term pick and so we’ve got him in our wildcard team.
- Dalot is another great pick for GW34. He has good fixtures, he’s a great long-term pick and he carries an attacking threat which is always good for us FPL managers. He is also expected to double once more before the end of the season.
- Arnold seems to be in pretty good form and so we’re looking to keep him in our team for this gameweek. He could be sold after, it then depends on how frequently Liverpool keeps clean sheets.
- Rashford is a great pick. he’s fit, he has the potential to be explosive so we’ve got him in our team.
- Brighton is the only team that has three double gameweeks left, so for that reason, we’re targeting their assets that’s why we’ve got Mitoma, March and Steele.
- De Brunye over Salah because of his positioning on the pitch. De Brunye seems to be playing in a more advanced role and that makes him a better pick. He’s also got one more gameweek after the one in GW34.
- Haaland is essential, he’s highly owned and would get you FPL points it only makes to own him.
- Fernandes is our fifth midfielder. Going for him means that we let go of a third forward. He’s also got one more double gameweek coming up, which makes him a solid long-term pick. He’s not essential, you could get an extra forward instead if that’s the strategy you want to deploy.
- Isak is another great pick he’s on form, he’s playing for an attacking side and he’s scoring goals so he’s got a place in our team.
There you have it folks, our GW34 wildcard team we hope this helps you as you create your own wildcard team. We bet you may be wondering who the best GW34 captain is. Find out this week’s top captain pick in our article: GW34 Captains: Haaland, Rashford, Salah, or De Brunye – Our Top Picks.
Redeyedrae, is an FPL content writer with years of experience in playing and writing about FPL. He has written for major FPL blogs like ALLABOUTFPL, Fantasytipsters, FF Titans, and nevermanagealone. With his deep knowledge of the game, he has become a trusted source for FPL fans worldwide. His content is well-researched and always up-to-date. He’s passionate about helping FPL managers gain an edge in their leagues by sharing insights and analysis about everything fantasy football on raensports.