GW32 is a pretty good time to use your FPL wildcard chip. Since gameweek 32 is a blank gameweek for Man City, Man United, Brighton and Chelsea, wildcarding in GW32, isn’t a bad strategy.
But before you wildcard, you need to know what the FPL calendar looks like. Before the season ends, there could be two more double gameweeks and these double gameweeks are in GW34(it has been confirmed) and possibly GW36&37. Having this information would help you create a GW32 wildcard team that’d get you past the upcoming double gameweeks.
In this article, we’d be creating a wildcard team that is meant to take you from now until GW34. We’d provide you with different transfer strategies and great long-term picks for your GW29 wildcard team. This is our ultimate GW32 wildcard article we hope you find it helpful.
Want to see the FPL calendar for the rest of the season? Then check out our article, When is the next double and blank gameweek in the Premier League this season.
Pros and Cons of Wildcarding In FPL GW32
Well, before we go into creating our gameweek 32 wildcard, we want to see some of the benefits of wildcarding this gameweek. Here are the pros of a GW32 wildcard
Pros of a GW32 wildcard
- Using your wildcard in GW32, allows you to get past this blank gameweek without taking hits.
- Wildcarding in gameweek 32, would allow you to target differentials and Liverpool assets who have now found their form.
- A well-optimized GW32 wildcard would allow you to plan for the long term and help you get past the upcoming double gameweeks.
Cons of a GW32 wildcard
Well, for everything that has pros, there are cons and a GW32 wildcard is no different. Here are some of the disadvantages of wildcarding in gameweek 32.
- Wildcarding in GW32, would mean that you’d have to let go of some key players that double in GW34. Players that play for the likes of Man City, Man United and Brighton are ideal picks in GW32 but are great long-term picks.
- Wildcarding in GW32, would mean that you’d have a team that’s far away from the template team. You’d be targeting players that are great short-term picks, but aren’t great long-term picks.
Our Advice: We’ve now seen the pros and cons of a GW32 wildcard and if we’re being honest, this is not the ideal time to be wildcarding. I personally would go for a free hit rather than a wildcard. If you don’t have a free hit and you can’t field at least eight players, then you should wildcard. But if you can field a team of eight players with the help of a hit, then you might want to hold onto the wildcard chip.
You might also like: FPL GW32 Free Hit Teams: the best free hit teams for gameweek 32.
Alternative times to wildcard in FPL this season
If after weighing the pros and cons of a GW32 wildcard, you’ve decided to hold onto your wildcard, you might be wondering what other time could I activate it. Well, there are two other ideal times.
- GW33 is a nice alternative time to use your wildcard chip, if you do not use it in gameweek 32. This would be ideal because you can bring back your Man City, Man United and Brighton assets. It’d also be easier to prepare for DGW34 with your GW33 wildcard.
- Double gameweek 34 is another good time to use your wildcard if you aren’t wildcarding in GW32. This would great for those who want to attack the double gameweek and field a team field with doublers.
These are the two alternative times to wildcard. If I had to pick one out of the two, I’d go with GW33. That’s because you can easily revert back to the template team, doing this would save your overall rank and this is good because you don’t want to lose ground on those who have highly owned City and Brighton assets.
Some important things to keep in mind as you play your FPL wildcard in gameweek 32
As you create your GW32 wildcard team, here are a couple of things you should keep in mind:
- First, you want to try as much as possible to select players guaranteed a place in the first eleven of their teams.
- You want to keep the long-term in mind when selecting players for your GW32 wildcard team.
- You want to try to have a solid bench, in case of rotations, injuries, and upcoming double gameweeks.
- You want to keep in mind that GW32 is a blank gameweek for Brighton, Man United, Man City, and Chelsea.
The best teams to target for your GW32 FPL wildcard team
Since we’re looking to create a wildcard team that’d take us from GW32-34, we must target the right teams. We’d be looking to target teams that play this week and double in GW34. To help you identify such teams, we’d be sharing a fixture ticker done by fpltips__
From the fixture ticker, here are some of the teams that you should be looking to target as you select players for your GW32 wildcard:
- Crystal Palace
- Man City
These are some of the teams with great fixtures and upcoming doubles, from now until GW38.
GW32 Wildcard Team
Here’s our GW32 wildcard team and we’ve picked and selected players based on so many factors and reasons. Here are some of the reasons why we’ve gone for the players in this gameweek 32 wildcard team. Find out what players are expected to start here in our: GW32 Premier League Predicted Lineups, Team News, and Injury Updates
- Johnstone is a cheap goalkeeper, guaranteed starter and great upcoming fixtures.
- Ben White is a great budget defender with a great matchup in GW32, plays for Arsenal, could get an assist or a goal and also has high clean sheet odds this gameweek.
- Konate is a cheaper alternative to Trent, a great long-term pick and a nice way to get into Liverpool’s defense this gameweek.
- Trippier is Trippier he’s not essential for now as we think there are better options out there for future gameweeks(Shaw if fit or Stones in GW34), but to be on the safe side we’ve gone with him.
- Salah is key going into the business end of the season, he’s on form and doubles in GW34.
- Gakpo is a player we’re hoping can make up for the absence of Trent. That’s why we’ve got Konate in as well the strategy is that together they cover for Trent.
- Martinelli is a player in good form and his price is just perfect.
- Jesus is also in great form. He has a pretty good fixture and has a high scoring odd in GW32.
- Wilson is a tricky one as he could be benched but we think if he starts he could get some joy against Spurs he’s a nice differential pick. Toney is a nice alternative if you don’t want to risk it.
- Watkins has been in good form and deserves to be in this team.
- Not sure who to captain? find out in our article, FPL GW32 Captain Picks: Salah, Saka, Trent, or Kane who is the Standout Choice?
It’s a really solid team that allows us to set up well this gameweek and puts us in a good position in future gameweeks as well. Here’s what this team would like in GW33 and here’s our transfer recommendation
Related Read: FPL GW32 Tips and Team Selection: the best FPL players to own in gameweek 32.
Our Advice: With the money we’ve got in the bank, our transfer recommendation for gameweek 33, would be to swap Gabby Jesus for Erling Haaland. And before GW34, our transfer recommendation would be to upgrade Martinelli to Jack Grealish.
To help you with long-term planning and transfer tips, we always publish a weekly transfer article that helps FPL managers identify the best transfers to make each gameweek. Here’s one for GW32: FPL GW32 Tips and Team Selection: the best FPL players to own in gameweek 32.
Here’s what this team would like in GW34:
If you follow our gameweek 32 wildcard team’s template, you’d be able to field a team of nine doublers in GW34 and you’d be to field a strong team in blank gameweek 32. It’s a pretty solid wildcard team and we hope you can take inspiration from it and use it to create something a lot better. Feel free to check out this week’s GW32 Premier League Predicted Lineups, Team News, and Injury Updates
Redeyedrae, is an FPL content writer with years of experience in playing and writing about FPL. He has written for major FPL blogs like ALLABOUTFPL, Fantasytipsters, FF Titans, and nevermanagealone. With his deep knowledge of the game, he has become a trusted source for FPL fans worldwide. His content is well-researched and always up-to-date. He’s passionate about helping FPL managers gain an edge in their leagues by sharing insights and analysis about everything fantasy football on raensports.
One Thought to “FPL GW32 wildcard team: the best gameweek 32 wildcard FPL teams”
[…] FPL GW32 wildcard team: the best gameweek 32 wildcard FPL teams […]