It is true that gameweek 7 is a double gameweek and in this double gameweek, two teams play twice – Burnley and Luton Town. When double gameweeks happen, it is very common to see FPL managers target player from teams that play twice.
Should that be the case in this gameweek? In this article, we’re going to look at the best GW7 players to own and transfer into your team this gameweek. This is our FPL transfer tips article.
The Best Players to Own In FPL Gameweek 7 – According to Transfer Trends
The Best FPL Goalkeepers To Own Based On Transfer Trends:
Now, let’s delve into the analysis of these goalkeepers to determine which one might be the best choice for your FPL team in Gameweek 7.
- Leno (Fulham): Leno has been a popular choice among FPL managers in Gameweek 7, with a selection percentage of 14.4%. His standout feature is his ability to keep clean sheets, having already secured three this season. Additionally, Leno’s xGC of 13.6 suggests that he has performed better than expected, which is a positive sign for FPL managers. With 27 saves to his name, he offers valuable points even when clean sheets elude him.
2. Areola (West Ham): Areola has attracted significant attention, boasting an impressive selection percentage of 30.9%. While he has yet to secure a clean sheet this season, his 30 saves and an xGC of 13.5 indicate that he has been busy in goal, potentially earning points through saves. FPL managers seem to value his shot-stopping abilities, making him a popular choice. His great price and upcoming fixtures, make him a great pick this gameweek.
3. Turner (Nott’m Forest): Turner, with a cost-effective price of £4.0, has also garnered attention from FPL managers, with a selection percentage of 14.1%. He has kept one clean sheet this season and has an xGC of 8.3, suggesting that he has performed better than expected in terms of conceding goals. While his total points are relatively lower than Leno and Areola, his budget-friendly cost could free up funds for other positions in your FPL squad.
In conclusion, Leno offers a balance of both clean sheets and saves, while Areola excels in the saves department. Turner, with his cost-effectiveness, could be an attractive budget option. Ultimately, the decision should align with your overall FPL strategy and team composition.
The Best FPL Gameweek 7 Defenders To Own Based On Transfer Trends:
- Trippier (Newcastle): First up, we have Trippier. I think he’s been a standout defender in FPL lately. With 31 total points and an impressive 3 assists, he’s not only solid defensively but also a threat going forward. Trippier has also kept two clean sheets, and his expected goals conceded (xGC) of 6.6 suggests a sturdy defense. If you’re looking for an all-around package, he’s a strong contender.
2. Botman (Newcastle): Botman has been doing well too, with 30 total points and a goal to his name. He’s been solid in defense, just like Trippier, with an xGC of 6.6. However, when it comes to attacking potential, he lags behind a bit with lower expected assists (xA) and no actual assists. So, if you’re after those attacking returns, you might want to explore other options.
3. Walker (Man City): Kyle Walker from Man City is an interesting choice. He’s got 29 total points and has provided 1 assist. With 3 clean sheets and a relatively low xGC of 4.7, he offers a nice balance between defense and attack. I think he’s a dependable option.
4. Cash (Aston Villa): Now, Cash has been making a mark with two goals scored, but he hasn’t recorded any assists yet. His expected goals (xG) of 2.9 indicates he’s a goal threat, but his xGC of 9.2 suggests he might concede more.
5. Tarkowski (Everton): Finally, we have Tarkowski from Everton. He’s not the most popular pick, but sometimes differentials can pay off. He’s found the net once. However, he hasn’t kept a clean sheet yet, and his xGC of 8.7 indicates a higher likelihood of conceding. If you’re feeling a bit adventurous and want to differentiate your team, he could be a budget-friendly choice.
Trippier is the all-rounder, while Botman and Walker offer solid defensive options. Cash could be a wildcard with his goal-scoring potential, but Tarkowski might be the budget-friendly differential you’re looking for. It’s all about finding the right balance for your team.
Feel free to also see: The Best FPL DGW7 Player Picks Based on FPL Expected Points
The Best FPL Gameweek 7 Midfielders To Own Based On Transfer Trends
Now, let’s chat about the midfielders for Gameweek 7, and I’ll give you my personal take on each of them. It’s a crucial area of your FPL squad, so let’s see who might be the best fit for your team.
- Son (Spurs): I think Son has been an absolute star this season. He’s got a whopping 44 total points and has already found the net 5 times! While he hasn’t racked up assists yet, his expected goals (xG) of 2.0 shows he’s been clinical in front of the goal. If you want a midfielder who’s a reliable goal-scorer, Son is your man.
2. Mitoma (Brighton): Mitoma is gaining a lot of attention, and for good reason. With 39 total points, 3 goals, and 3 assists, he’s been a versatile asset. His expected goal involvement (xGI) of 3.6 indicates he’s consistently contributing to Brighton’s attack. If you like midfielders who can both score and create, Mitoma is a strong choice.
3. Gordon (Newcastle): Gordon may not be on everyone’s radar, but he’s been quietly impressive with 32 total points. He’s scored 2 goals and provided 3 assists, and his expected goal involvement (xGI) of 2.7 suggests he’s been effective in both scoring and creating chances. If you’re looking for a differential pick with potential, Gordon could be it.
4. Ward-Prowse (West Ham): Ward-Prowse is a solid midfielder with 31 total points. He’s found the net twice and recorded 3 assists. While his expected goals (xG) and expected assists (xA) show room for improvement, his expected goal involvement (xGI) of 2.3 tells us he’s been actively involved in West Ham’s attack. If you want a dependable midfield presence, he’s a good choice.
5. Maddison (Spurs): Maddison is another midfielder who’s been catching eyes with 39 total points. He’s scored 2 goals and leads the group with 4 assists. His expected goal involvement (xGI) of 4.0 indicates he’s a key creator and a goal threat. If you’re after both goals and assists in your midfield, Maddison should be at the top of your list.
If you want goals, Son is your go-to guy. Mitoma offers a balanced package of goals and assists. Gordon is the differential option with promise. Ward-Prowse is your steady presence. And if you crave both goals and assists, Maddison is the standout choice. Consider your team’s requirements and make your pick wisely.
You might also like: DGW7 Wildcard Tips: The Best Gameweek 7 Wildcard Drafts
The Best FPL Gameweek 7 Forwards To Own Based On Transfer Trends
1. Morris (Luton): So, Morris is an interesting option here. At just £5.5, he’s quite the budget pick, and about 4.6% of FPL managers have taken notice. With 26 total points, 2 goals, and 1 assist, he’s certainly shown promise.
But here’s the thing – his expected goals (xG) of 2.5 and expected assists (xA) of 0.5 indicate that he’s getting into good positions and has the potential to do even better. His expected goal involvement (xGI) of 2.9 suggests he’s actively contributing to Luton’s attacks. If you’re looking for a low-cost gem with room for growth, Morris could be worth a punt, especially with his double this week.
J. Alvarez (Man City): Now, let’s talk about J. Alvarez. He’s more on the premium side at £7.0 but has been selected by a whopping 31.0% of FPL managers. That’s a clear sign of his popularity, and with good reason.
He’s already delivered 38 total points, with 2 goals and a fantastic 5 assists. When you look at his expected goals (xG) of 2.5 and expected assists (xA) of 1.0, it’s clear that his performances match the points he’s racking up. His expected goal involvement (xGI) of 3.6 tells us he’s a key figure in Man City’s attacking play. If you’re willing to invest a bit more, J. Alvarez is a reliable option to have in your forward line.
Darwin Nunez (Liverpool): Now, let’s talk about Darwin Nunez, who’s priced at £7.4 and has caught the attention of 12.0% of FPL managers. With 28 total points, 3 goals, and 2 assists, he’s been a consistent contributor to Liverpool’s attack.
Looking at his expected goals (xG) of 2.8 and expected assists (xA) of 0.4, it’s clear he’s been delivering in line with expectations. His expected goal involvement (xGI) of 3.1 shows he’s actively involved in Liverpool’s goal-scoring efforts. Nunez offers a well-rounded option for your forward line.
For more FPL GW7 Tips, Check out the following articles:
- Check out our article: FPL GW7 Premier League Predicted Lineups for All 20 PL Teams for the latest lineup predictions.
- For those considering playing their wildcard in Gameweek 7, we’ve got you covered with the best wildcard draft strategies. Check out our tips and insights: DGW7 Wildcard Tips: The Best Gameweek 7 Wildcard Drafts.
- Maximize your FPL points with our player picks based on expected points. We break down the top choices for Gameweek 7 in our article: The Best FPL DGW7 Player Picks Based on FPL Expected Points.
- In FPL, understanding clean sheet odds and goal scorer odds can help you make strategic decisions. Get the latest insights for all Premier League teams in Gameweek 7: PL GW7 Clean Sheet Odds and Goal Scorer Odds for All PL Teams.
- Selecting the right captain is crucial for maximizing FPL points. Explore our captain picks for Gameweek 7’s double fixtures: Double Gameweek 7 Fantasy Premier League Captain Picks.
For more DGW7 FPL tips, check out the following articles:
- PL GW7 Predicted Lineup and Team News: Bournemouth vs. Arsenal
- Everton vs. Luton Town PL GW7 Predicted Lineup and Injury News
- Man United vs Crystal Palace GW7 Predicted Lineup
- Newcastle vs. Burnley PL Gameweek 7 Predicted Lineups
- PL Gameweek 7 Predicted Lineup: Aston Villa vs. Brighton
- West Ham vs Sheffield United Predicted Lineup PL GW7
- Spurs vs Liverpool Premier League GW7 Predicted Lineup
- Nott’m Forest vs Brentford Predicted Lineups Gameweek 7
- Premier League Gameweek 7 Predicted Lineups: Chelsea vs. Fulham
Redeyedrae, is an FPL content writer with years of experience in playing and writing about FPL. He has written for major FPL blogs like ALLABOUTFPL, Fantasytipsters, FF Titans, and nevermanagealone. With his deep knowledge of the game, he has become a trusted source for FPL fans worldwide. His content is well-researched and always up-to-date. He’s passionate about helping FPL managers gain an edge in their leagues by sharing insights and analysis about everything fantasy football on raensports.