The seventh gameweek of the Premier League is upon us, and for many Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers, it’s time to play one of their most powerful chips—the wildcard. The wildcard allows you to make unlimited transfers for a single gameweek without incurring any points hits.
This presents a golden opportunity to revamp your FPL squad and gain a competitive edge over your rivals. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best wildcard drafts for DGW7, helping you make informed decisions to maximize your points haul.
Table of Contents
Some important things to keep in mind as you play your FPL wildcard in gameweek 7
As you create your GW7 wildcard team, here are a couple of things you should keep in mind:
- First, you want to try as much as possible to select players who are guaranteed a place in the first eleven of their teams.
- You want to keep the long-term in mind when selecting players for your GW7 team.
- You want to try to have a solid bench, in case of rotations and injuries.
- You want to target players who play for teams with great fixtures – teams with good fixture difficulty ratings.
- You want to target in-form players.
Should You Wildcard In FPL DGW7
Well, the answer to this question is, it depends on the FPL manager and their strategy. If you have a team that comprises of injured players, low-performing players, or players whose upcoming fixtures aren’t great, then wildcarding in GW7 is a good option.
However, FPL managers tend to wildcard before big or during double gameweeks or big blank gameweeks. So, like we said earlier, it depends on your strategy as a manager.
Pros of a DGW7 wildcard
Here are the benefits of wildcarding in FPL gameweek 7:
- You can target in-form players: Players like Son, Maddison, Salah and Trippier can be brought in early if you wildcard this gameweek.
- You can target teams whose fixture swing and become better. You’ll see more of that as you read on.
- You can get players in at a cheaper price: This is because the more you wait, the higher the prices of in-form players. Wildcarding earlier would mean that you get these players cheaper.
How Many Wildcards Do You Get In FPL
You get two wildcards in a season of Fantasy Premier League (FPL). The first wildcard can be used from the start of the season until Gameweek 20. The second wildcard can be used after Gameweek 20 and remains available until the end of the season.
The best teams to target for your GW7 FPL wildcard team
To help you know the teams that have good fixtures, here is a really nice fixture ticker done by fpltips__:
Teams and players to target when wildcarding in GW7;
Here are some of the teams whose fixtures swing in GW7 and become a lot easier. It’d be a good strategy to target players from these sides when wildcarding in double gameweek 7.
- Aston Villa – Diaby, Cash and Digne
- Tottenham – Maddison, Son, Porro, Udogie
- Liverpool – Salah
- Newcastle – Botman, Trippier, Gordon
- West Ham – Bowen, Areola, Coufal
1. DGW7 Mo Salah and Erling Haaland Wildcard Teams
Here’s our first GW7 wildcard team and this one is a team that has two premium players, Mo Salah and Erling Haaland. It is a really solid team on paper but there are a few issues take a look at the pros and cons of this GW7 Mo Salah wildcard draft.
Pros of The Mo Salah and Erling Haaland DGW7 Wildcard Team
- The first advantage of this team is that you’ve got a side that has two premiums in Mo Salah and Haaland. And that’s an advantage cause not many people have these two players.
- You’ve also got two double gameweek players in there. Kabore and Morris are two solid picks because of their double gameweek this week. Their expected FPL point return is also pretty high.
- Double Newcastle defense: Wildcarding this week means you can double up on Newcastle defenders. Newcastle are one of the best defensive sides and we expect clean sheets from them.
- In-form players like Saka, Maddison and Alvarez are also in this team which is great. It is something you want to have in your wildcard team.
- Players whose fixtures change are also included in this draft. This means that it is great in terms of long-term team planning.
Cons of The Mo Salah and Erling Haaland DGW7 Wildcard Team
- Two premiums mean that your overall team won’t be the strongest. Some areas of your team would be weak and that’s the case with this team as the defense isn’t too strong.
- Double Newcastle defense is also a bit risky as you’re relying so much on one team.
- No Brighton cover is another that could hurt you as their assets are highly owned. Especially Mitoma and Estupinan.
- The absence of Son and United midfielders like Rashford and Bruno Fernandes could be a little risky as well cause of their explosive nature.
All of that being said, this is a pretty solid draft and according to the fpl.team AI, this team is expected to return 62.6 points in gameweek 7. We expect that you’d be able to create an even better and more balanced side if you take inspiration from the wildcard team we just created.
You might also like: Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 7: The Ultimate GW7 Player Transfer Guide
2. DGW 7 Wildcard Team – One Premium Draft
This is another GW7 wildcard draft and this one is pretty straightforward. We’ve got just one premium and that’s Erling Haaland. We’ve taken Mo Salah out and brought in Son we’ve also upgraded the defense by bringing in Trippier and Estupinan.
We’ve got 0.6 million in the bank and that means that we can upgrade Diaby to Mitoma if Diaby doesn’t perform as well as we want. It is a pretty solid wildcard team and it is a lot more balanced than the two premium draft. It is one that personally we love as you’ve got a solid bench and a stronger defense.
Both drafts do have the long-term in mind so with this team, you’d be fine for a very long time. As usual, feel free to take inspiration from these wildcard teams. We know that with a bit of tinkering, you can create something better.
For more FPL GW7 Tips, Check out the following articles:
- Check out our article: FPL GW7 Premier League Predicted Lineups for All 20 PL Teams for the latest lineup predictions.
- Our comprehensive guide for Gameweek 7 provides valuable insights into the best transfer options. Don’t miss it: Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 7: The Ultimate GW7 Player Transfer Guide.
- Maximize your FPL points with our player picks based on expected points. We break down the top choices for Gameweek 7 in our article: The Best FPL DGW7 Player Picks Based on FPL Expected Points.
- In FPL, understanding clean sheet odds and goal scorer odds can help you make strategic decisions. Get the latest insights for all Premier League teams in Gameweek 7: PL GW7 Clean Sheet Odds and Goal Scorer Odds for All PL Teams.
- Selecting the right captain is crucial for maximizing FPL points. Explore our captain picks for Gameweek 7’s double fixtures: Double Gameweek 7 Fantasy Premier League Captain Picks.
For more DGW7 FPL tips, check out the following articles:
- PL GW7 Predicted Lineup and Team News: Bournemouth vs. Arsenal
- Everton vs. Luton Town PL GW7 Predicted Lineup and Injury News
- Man United vs Crystal Palace GW7 Predicted Lineup
- Newcastle vs. Burnley PL Gameweek 7 Predicted Lineups
- PL Gameweek 7 Predicted Lineup: Aston Villa vs. Brighton
- West Ham vs Sheffield United Predicted Lineup PL GW7
- Spurs vs Liverpool Premier League GW7 Predicted Lineup
- Nott’m Forest vs Brentford Predicted Lineups Gameweek 7
- Premier League Gameweek 7 Predicted Lineups: Chelsea vs. Fulham
Redeyedrae, is an FPL content writer with years of experience in playing and writing about FPL. He has written for major FPL blogs like ALLABOUTFPL, Fantasytipsters, FF Titans, and nevermanagealone. With his deep knowledge of the game, he has become a trusted source for FPL fans worldwide. His content is well-researched and always up-to-date. He’s passionate about helping FPL managers gain an edge in their leagues by sharing insights and analysis about everything fantasy football on raensports.