In the ever-evolving world of Fantasy Premier League (FPL), finding that hidden gem who can bolster your team’s performance without breaking the bank is a pursuit every manager craves.
In the midst of this quest, allow us to introduce you to a player who embodies potential, efficiency, and undervalued prowess – Alexander Isak. As Newcastle’s forward and rising star, this FPL forward has the potential to be your transfer for GW2. Let’s delve into the statistics, insights, and upcoming fixtures that make Isak a strong contender for your FPL squad.
Table of Contents
Alexander Isak Stats and GW1 Review – Why Isak Is a Good FPL Pick GW2
GW1 Review – Top-performing forwards
Isak’s ascent up the ranks is a testament to his prowess as an FPL forward. Amongst the top-tier forwards, he currently holds an impressive 13 points, making him a strong contender alongside illustrious names. His affordable cost of 7.6 only adds to his appeal, allowing managers who invest wisely to reap significant rewards.
At the heart of Isak’s FPL potential lies his clinical efficiency. With a mere 68 minutes on the field this season, he has already found the net twice, boasting an impeccable shot accuracy of 100%. The Expected Goals (xG) statistic is a beacon of insight, portraying Isak’s value as he had an xG of 0.77 and Expected Goals on Target (xGOT) of 1.17. These numbers underscore his finishing prowess, rendering him not just a bargain buy, but a prime candidate for your FPL squad.
FPL Points Accumulation
As a fantasy manager, points accumulation is your ultimate goal. Isak’s first game of the FPL season is marked by an impressive 13-point haul, reflecting his impact on the pitch. With Newcastle’s fixtures on the horizon, his potential points-scoring capability becomes evident.
Examining Isak’s next games showcases his potential impact on your FPL squad. While facing challenging opponents like Manchester City and Liverpool might seem daunting, Isak’s clinical nature can shine in high-pressure situations. Newcastle’s clashes with Brighton, Brentford, Sheffield United, Burnley, and Crystal Palace thereafter provide ample opportunities for Isak to capitalize and secure valuable points.
Great Value Asset and Good Penalty Taker
One of the key features that used to set Isak apart is his undervalued status. However, his ownership seems to be growing very quickly as managers are gravitating towards the Necastle man. Going in early for the Newcastle man, could give you a tactical advantage – the more you wait, the higher his price and ownership and this could hurt your overall rank and team
One other thing that makes Isak appealing is Isak’s reputation as a good penalty taker. This amplifies his potential points-scoring ability, providing an extra avenue for FPL success.
It is important to note that Isak is still a rotation risk, hence why most FPL managers tend to avoid adding him into their team. That being said, Isak looks to be Newcastle’s first choice and if fit he could start more than 20 games this season. And with how attacking Newcatsle are, you could expect Isak to come off the bench and still get a form of attacking return.
Stay ahead of the game with our insider information on predicted lineups and injury updates for GW2. Check out “GW2 Premier League Predicted Lineups and Injury News” to ensure you’re making informed choices for your FPL squad. Don’t let uncertainties hold you back – arm yourself with the knowledge you need to seize victory in the gameweek ahead.
Versatility and Strengths
Isak’s on-field versatility is another asset. With a prowess for both aerial duels and dribbling, he brings a multifaceted skill set to the table. His 40% success rate in ground duels and potential for improved aerial dominance underline his ability to collect points from various avenues.
Newcastle’s Promising Performance Against Aston Villa
Isak’s rise is further amplified by his affiliation with a Newcastle side that embraces attacking flair. The statistics from their game against Aston Villa exemplify this ethos, with Newcastle boasting 17 total shots and an impressive expected goals (xG) projection of 3.41.
Investing in Isak essentially means tapping into Newcastle’s offensive dynamism, providing you not only with a budget-friendly asset but also with a slice of a team that excels in creating goal-scoring opportunities.
The Potential Multiplier
What makes Isak particularly enticing is his ability to outshine his price tag. In a world where premium forwards often dominate, Isak’s ability to rack up points at a fraction of the cost presents an opportunity for managers to free up funds for other key positions.
Find out the best players to transfer to your FPL team in gameweek 2 in our article: FPL Gameweek 2 Transfer Tips, Strategy and Team Selection
More GW2 FPL Tips and Insights
- Link to “Rodri: The 5.5M FPL Midfielder – Bargain Pick or Not?”:
- Uncover hidden gems beyond the forward line. Check out our in-depth assessment of Rodri, the 5.5M FPL midfielder, and whether he’s truly a bargain pick for your squad: “Rodri: The 5.5M FPL Midfielder – Bargain Pick or Not?”. Explore how he can bolster your midfield and add a tactical edge to your FPL strategy.
- Stay ahead of the game with our insider information on predicted lineups and injury updates for GW2. Check out “GW2 Premier League Predicted Lineups and Injury News” to ensure you’re making informed choices for your FPL squad. Don’t let uncertainties hold you back – arm yourself with the knowledge you need to seize victory in the gameweek ahead.
- Looking for strategic insights to maximize your FPL gains in GW2? Don’t miss out on our comprehensive predictions and projections: “FPL GW2 Clean Sheet Odds, Anytime Scorer Predictions, and FPL Points Projections”. Elevate your decision-making with our expert analysis, and ensure your squad is primed for success in the upcoming gameweek
- Link to “Harvey Barnes: A Good Time to Buy in FPL or Not?”:
- Is Harvey Barnes the missing piece in your FPL puzzle? Delve into our analysis to determine whether now is the right time to buy him for your squad: “Harvey Barnes: A Good Time to Buy in FPL or Not?”. Discover his recent performance trends and how he can potentially elevate your FPL experience.
- Looking for more midfield magic? Explore our insightful analysis of James Maddison, the midfield maestro with untapped potential: “FPL Player in Focus: Is James Maddison A Great Midfield Pick”. Discover why he’s a player worth considering for your FPL roster and how he can add a touch of brilliance to your midfield lineup.
- Unlock the secrets to FPL success in Gameweek 2 with our comprehensive guide: “FPL GW2 Tips: The Ultimate FPL Gameweek 2 Guide (2023/24)”. Elevate your strategy, understand key insights, and navigate the intricacies of the upcoming gameweek like a seasoned manager. Don’t just play FPL – master it with our expert advice.
Alexander Isak is a good buy and a great long-term FPL pick. His fixtures after City and Liverpool are very encouraging and appealing. If you own Watkins we’d suggest holding onto him until after GW3 and then after go in for Isak. The only danger with this move is that Isak’s value could have gone up even further.
But, if you have the funds and are trying to go in early and capitalize on Isak’s form, then making the move before the start of GW2, is also a pretty good strategy.
Redeyedrae, is an FPL content writer with years of experience in playing and writing about FPL. He has written for major FPL blogs like ALLABOUTFPL, Fantasytipsters, FF Titans, and nevermanagealone. With his deep knowledge of the game, he has become a trusted source for FPL fans worldwide. His content is well-researched and always up-to-date. He’s passionate about helping FPL managers gain an edge in their leagues by sharing insights and analysis about everything fantasy football on raensports.