It’s yet another season and it’s the same old story Liverpool and Man City are battling for the Premier League title. The battle for the title is on a knife-edge. One mistake or one piece of good luck could decide it. The business end of the season promises to be an interesting one.
That being said, we’ve decided to write – some interesting Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp career stats. Let’s get right into it:
Pep Guardiola career stats
1. Pep Guardiola has won 10 trophies at Man City since joining in 2016 – no other manager has won more trophies than him in that period. He has won three Premier League titles, four Carabao Cups, one FA Cup, and two Community Shields.
2. Pep Guardiola’s Man City is the only club to finish a Premier League season with 100 points. Man City achieved this in their 2017-2018 Premier League season.
3. Pep Guardiola has failed to win a trophy in just one of his 12 full seasons as a manager.
4. Pep Guardiola is the only manager to win a domestic quadruple in England. His 2018/19 Man City team won all four domestic trophies, the FA Cup, the Carabao Cup, the Community Shield and the Premier League.
5. Pep Guardiola has won 31 trophies across his time at Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Manchester City. In that period, he’s won three La Liga trophies, two Copa del Rey, three Supercopa de Espana, two UEFA Champions Leagues, three UEFA Super Cups, three FIFA Club world Cups, three Bundesligas, two DFB-Pokals, three Premier Leagues, one FA cup, four Carabao Cups and two community shields ~ As per Wikipedia
6. Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp have won four of the last five Premier League titles.
7. Pep Guardiola has won the most trophies amongst managers in the 21st century. His 31 trophies put him in first, Mircea Lucescu’s 28 has him in second and Jose Mourinho’s 25 has him in third ~ As per sportzpoint
8. Pep Guardiola is the youngest manager to win a UCL trophy. He did this at the of 38.
9. Pep Guardiola is the first manager to retain the league title in Spain, Germany and England.
10. Pep Guardiola is the first manager in football history to win 6 trophies in a calendar year.
11. Pep Guardiola is one of only three managers in PL history to win back-to-back league titles. The other two being Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho ~ As per Wikipedia
12. Pep Guardiola is the quickest manager of an English top-flight side to reach 200 wins in all competitions – it took Pep Guardiola 273 games to reach that incredible feat.
13. Guardiola has become City’s most successful manager in the club’s history: winning 10 major English league and cup titles to date; maintaining a win % in excess of 70%, at least 10% higher than any proceeding manager.
14. Pep Guardiola has spent almost three times the amount of money Jurgen Klopp has spent. In his time at Liverpool, Jurgen Klopp has spent £512.1million while Pep Guardiola has spent over a billion euros since joining City ~ As per talksport
15. Pep Guardiola has picked up 11 manager of the month awards in his time in the Premier League, with only Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger picking up more.
16. Pep Guardiola averages 2.6 trophies a season and that’s a trophy every 22 matches.
17. Pep Guardiola has reached a European Cup/ Champions league final in 3 different decades – the only manager along with Alex Ferguson to do so.
Jurgen Klopp career stats
18. Jurgen Klopp has won 5 trophies at Liverpool since joining in 2015. He has won one Premier League, one Carabao Cup, one UEFA Champions League, one UEFA Super Cup and one FIFA Club World Cup.
19. Jurgen Klopp’s 2018 -19 Liverpool side is the team with the best second-place finish with 97 points. They lost just once, only to miss out on the title by one point as Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City clinched the title that year with 98 points.
20. Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are the team to have accumulated the second-most points in a title-winning season – with Liverpool picking up 99 points in their 2019-20 Premier League season.
21. Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool could win the quadruple this season. This is the first time Liverpool will be competing on all fronts at this stage of a season since Klopp took charge in 2015.
22. Jurgen Klopp has won ten trophies across his time at Mainz, Dortmund and Liverpool. In that period, he’s won one Champions League, promotion to the Bundesliga in 2003-2004, two Bundesliga titles, one DFB Pokal, two DFL-Supercups, one Premier League, one Carabao cup, one UEFA Super Cup and one Club World Cup ~ As per Wikipedia
23. Jurgen Klopp’s win ratio of 60.74 percent is currently the highest of any Liverpool manager in their history of being a Football League club (since 1893).
24. Jurgen Klopp is the manager with the most wins against Pep Guardiola.
25. Jurgen Klopp lost six finals between 2013-2018 – he lost the Carabo Cup final to Man City in 2016, the UEFA Champions League final twice to Bayern and Real Madrid, the DFB Pokal final twice and the Europa League final to Sevilla ~ as per sportingnews